“Website” means any forms and contents that you may find on our main website under the domain name http://enkidoo.ai and all other sites owned and operated by Enkidoo that redirect to the main Website, all subdomains provided through such other site or the Website, that are owned, operated and maintained, directly or indirectly, by Enkidoo, and all downloadable applications, features, functionality, content or information that is made available or provided on this Website. It does not cover any third party’s social networking services, or other services that link from this property to another site.
“Services” refers to the services we provide through DOOSYNC, our managed data migration service from any POS system to your Lightspeed Retail account, and OPTIDOO, our Inventory Optimization & Automation Tool for SMBs.
We encourage you to read it thoroughly and are confident that you will easily understand how we gather, store and process your data plus the choices available to you.
Keeping your information safe and increasing transparency is important to us. We are committed to upholding the highest standards of data protection and we thank you for placing your trust in us.
If you use the Website or become our Client through the Services that we offer, you consent to this policy and the use/sharing of your personal data as described herein. You have the choice to opt-out of sharing your data at any time, as described below, and control how we use and share your data.
In matters pertaining to Canadian and European laws for the protection of privacy, Société Enkidoo Technologies inc. is designated as the data controller of Enkidoo’s Website. In other words, Enkidoo is the organization that, alone or jointly, determines for what purposes and how your personal information will be treated or is likely to be processed.
This Policy does not apply to the Personal Information of Enkidoo employees, consultants or other individuals or to any information that does not constitute Personal Information.
- Information Collected and Received
- Information that is collected automatically
When you visit the Website, we automatically collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the Internet address of the domains from which you visit us. You remain anonymous and no other information is automatically collected unless you voluntarily provide it to us. IP addresses are numbers automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet, and which can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area.
- User Account
For you to access the Services, you will be required to create a Website profile (referred to as your “Account” in the Terms of Service of this Website) and to provide certain personal information, such as your first and last name, company name, business title, full address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information as well as billing and mailing address. We use a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing.
- Information from Your Use of Services
This information may include IP Address, location information, date and time, browser type, referring/existing pages and URLs, domain names, pages viewed, the date and time of your requests, searches you make using (including those made through our business bot (IDOO) and any other action you might have taken to use and while using the Services.
- Web Beacons
Enkidoo’s third party providers and partners may employ web beacons to track online user movement to help us better understand what content is effective. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are embedded in websites and in newsletter emails. With web beacons, our third-party providers and partners may collect information about you, such as your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We use the data from our third-party providers or partners to improve our Services.
- Lawful Basis for Processing
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a lawful basis. Our lawful basis include consent (where you have given it), where the processing is necessary for the performance of a transactional contract with you, and for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of our third parties, provided that such interest does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. Examples of legitimate interest include but are not limited to: (i) complying with applicable law, (ii) protecting against security or other threats, (iv) administration of our business interests, including improvements and enhancements of our business, and (iv) customer/user relationship issues.
Enkidoo is responsible for the Personal Information collected in its capacity as controller and has appointed a privacy officer to oversee the compliance of this Policy with applicable laws regarding the protection of your Personal Information.
- How we use your information
(a) Consent to use deidentified information. By using our Website or Services, all users accept and agree that we will be allowed to use any information that they have included in this Website, so long as we will first de-identify this information, meaning that we will make the information anonymous by removing the user’s name and other personally identifying pieces of information. We may use this information towards research and development and quality improvement for this Website and our Services.
(b) Consent to use personal information. We may use personal information that we collect about you to:
- providing, maintaining, delivering or improving our Website, your account or the products or services provided through our Website;
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- developing new products or services, including to develop and improve our artificial intelligence tools and capabilities;
- sending you technical notices, support or administrative notifications;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- perform analysis about your use of the Website;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- manage our business;
- respond to investigation, court orders, legal process, or to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection;
- matching your Information with job vacancies to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you if you have contacted us about recruitment;
- monitoring and analyzing trends, usage and activities in connection with our Website;
- detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent transactions or unauthorized or illegal activities;
- protecting the rights and property of the Parties (as defined below) and others and;
- linking, connecting or combining Information we collect from or about you personal and non-personnal with other Information, including information from third party;
- recover our outstanding receivables;
- organize and manage various surveys;
Enkidoo will only retain your personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those specific purposes.
We may, with your express consent, transfer or disclose your information to our affiliated companies.
- How we share your information
Through your use of the Webiste or as a direct result of our Services, Enkidoo may be required from time to time to use your Information in order to send you communications via e-mail relating to the products or services you purchased or licenced. Furthermore, Enkidoo reserves the right to disclose your Information as follows:
- When Enkidoo believes it is important to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Enkidoo, its users, or others; and in connection with the enforcement of Enkidoo’s Terms and Conditions.
- As required by law and when Enkidoo believes that disclosure is necessary to protect Enkidoo’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on Enkidoo. This includes, but is not limited to, fraud, technical malfunctions, or abuse of Enkidoo’ network or systems.
- From time to time, Enkidoo may also share general information about the Website users, such as the number of users and aggregate and/or non-personally identifiable demographic with third-parties.
- As part of our service delivery, we may need to transfer your Personal Information to suppliers, consultants, employees or third parties. Please note that some of the consulting suppliers, employees or third parties we deal with may be outside Quebec. However, all parties that may have access to your Personal Information are under strict security and confidentiality agreements with Enkidoo regarding the use and processing of your Personal Information.
- Some of Enkidoo’s employees may have access to your Personal Information, to the extent that such access is strictly necessary for the performance of their duties. Enkidoo is committed to ensuring that its employees are informed of their obligation to guarantee the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information, prior to any communication and / or consultation of Personal Information
- When providing your Information to Enkidoo, you agree that the Information may be transferred electronically over the Internet to Enkidoo and that your Information may also be transferred, stored, hosted and processed on behalf of Enkidoo by a third-party service provider whose servers are located in the United States or other locations. You can access your Information at any time through the Website. Should you be unable to access your Information for any reason, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- What Happens in the Event of a Change of Control: We may be involved with an acquisition or divestiture of our business, products or services. Information we maintain including names and email addresses, and other information related to our services may be sold or transferred in connection with such transaction. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of our business or assets. You will be notified via email and a notice on our website of any applicable change in ownership or use of your information
- Opt- out consent
Personal information is collected only when voluntarily offered and solely for purposes that are clearly identified on our Website. Personal information means any information that is unique to you.
You may withdraw your consent at any time however such withdraw does not affect the legality of the treatment of your Information before such withdraw.
To opt-out of Enkidoo email marketing communications or other communications click the “unsubscribe” link in the emails you receive or by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line: “unsubscribe”. Please be aware that even if you have opted-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes or in connection with the Services you have subscribed for, such as to provide product or service information.
- Transmission of information over the internet
We take reasonable steps to protect the security of the information communicated through our Website. However, no computer security system is entirely foolproof, and the Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. As a result, we do not assume any responsibility for the data you submit to or receive from us through the Internet or for any unauthorized access or use of that information and we cannot and do not guarantee that information communicated by you to us or sent to you by us will be received or that it will not be altered before or after its transmission to us. You agree to not hold us and our respective past, present and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Parties”) liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any misappropriation, interception, modification, deletion, destruction or use of information provided through our Website.
- Hyperlinks and Third-Party Sites
For your convenience, the Website may include hyperlinks to external websites operated by third parties. By clicking on these hyperlinks, you will leave the Website for those of third parties, which may be subject to different privacy policies and practices. This Policy is no longer applicable when you leave our Sites. Please review the privacy policies of those other sites you are redirected to before providing Personal Information. We are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information of other entities that you may access from our Website, and we do not accept any liability in this regard.
- Your rights of access, rectification and destruction
Enkidoo is committed to confirming the existence or non-existence of Personal Information about you and to give you access to your Personal Information of which it has the custody or control and to make corrections.
We retain the personal data that you provide to us when you registered by creating your account with us via our Website or any other information that you volunteered while using this Website for (i) as long as your account is active or (ii) otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We retain any information provided as described in the Uses of Information above.
You have the right to request access to the information that we have on you. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to comply with your request, we may have to verify your identity. If you believe that the information that we have about you is incorrect, you are able to contact us at email@example.com with the request. Note that any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified above in section 1 of this policy will be deleted.
Furthermore, if you notice any inaccuracies or errors in the Information provided to us, you may easily correct these inaccuracies or errors yourself by using you account. However, if you are not able to correct these errors or inaccuracies yourself or would like Enkidoo to delete the Information provided via the Website or via other communications, please contact Enkidoo at firstname.lastname@example.org and Enkidoo will respond in a reasonable time.
You have the right to request the deletion of any personal data that we have on you. If you wish to do so, please contact us at email@example.com . Note that we may not be able to delete any deidentified data on you. This is data that has been dissociated from your identity and that is used for quality improvement or analytical purposes. Once this data has been deidentified, it may no longer be possible to determine which user it came from. By using this Website, you provide explicit consent to have your data anonymized and used for the purposes described above.
- How we store and process your information
- The information collected by us may be processed and/or stored in Canada, United States, European Union Member Nations, or any other country in which we or our affiliates or service providers maintain operations. We may transfer information that we collect, including personally identifiable information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction of domicile to other countries or jurisdictions. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws restricting transferring and location of storage of data, please note that we will comply with laws applicable to us meaning we will ask for your express consent prior to such transfers.
- We want to make you aware that pursuant to the EU Data Protection Laws, we shall act as a Processor or Subprocessor, and not a Controller with respect to any personal information collected on behalf of our customers. If you are a customer who uses our services and you collect personal information on citizens within the European Economic Area, we ask that you contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Data Processing Addendum (“DPA”). This DPA implements the GDPR’s Article 28 terms for processors and also incorporates the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (processors) of 2010 (also known as “model processor clauses” or “SCC 2010”) to facilitate the lawful transfer of Personal Data from the EU to outside of the EU, where necessary and as required.
- How we protect your information
Enkidoo provides physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Information in a secure environment. Enkidoo maintains industry standard data handling and storage practices and procedures that are designed to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of your Information and may use third-party providers to better ensure your Information’s security and safeguard.
The Website is committed to maintaining a high level of confidentiality by incorporating the latest technological innovations to ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
The Website uses the TSL protocol when transmitting your information.
However, despite Enkidoo’s practices and procedures regarding the safeguard of your Information, please be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of data storage is completely secure and no security measures can prevent all potential security breaches. Therefore, you agree that Enkidoo shall in no way be liable for any damages suffered by you or a third-party as a result of unauthorized access to your Information or a data breach with regards to your Information. If you have reason to believe that personal information has been compromised, please contact us at email@example.com
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the complete confidentiality and security of your Personal Information is not currently guaranteed on the Internet, as Enkidoo is only held by an obligation of means.
In the event of violation of your Personal Information creating a high risk for your rights and freedom, the Support Website manager will communicate the violation to the person concerned as soon as possible. Furthermore, in case of violation of Personal Information of users established on the territory of the European Union, Enkidoo will notify said violation to the control authorities established on the territory of the European Union concerned by such violation of Personal Information in the delay required by the GDPR.
- General Provisions
Without prejudice to the provisions of the previous point, if you are a citizen of the European Union whose Personal Information is processed by Enkidoo, you are free to address any claim to the competent supervisory authority of your country of residence, to assert your rights.
We reserve the unilateral right to make changes to this Policy at any time. Such changes will be posted on the Website, and will be notified to people in the event of substantial changes in the processing conditions, especially in the case of new processing purposes, new recipients, etc. Changes to the Policy will take effect immediately after posting and / or notification to those affected by the Personal Information processing. You can contact us at the contact information listed in the section 15.
- Children’s privacy
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 18. If you are the parent of a minor child and you learn that your minor child has communicated Information to us, we invite you to contact our Information Officer (coordinates located in the section “More Information”), so that our Information Office can proceed with the erasure of your minor child’s Information.
- Successors and Assigns
- More Information
We and our Website respect the laws that relate to privacy rights in Canada and Quebec: Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) (http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/P-8.6/) and P-39.1 – Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (http://legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/ShowDoc/cs/P-39.1).Furthermore, we and our Website respect the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en).
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Enkidoo Technologies Inc.,
Montreal, H4E 1A2