Invoices are backdated to the time when the transaction historically happened, but payments dates are dated to the time we create the transaction in Retail.
We create this payment with a special type, called “Historical Payment.” This payment type is initially archived, but can be unarchived in the Settings > Payment Types menu.
To deal with the sudden surge in historical payments, you can go in the Reports > Payments > Received menu, and:
Generate reports for all other payment types individually.
Create a report for the Historical Payment type, and subtract it from their other reports.
There are no other ways for Lightspeed Retail to overcome this potential accounting burden.
To upload an OnSite backup, please follow these steps:
- If you have an active Lightspeed eCom account, deactivate eCom Sync: Tools > eCommerce > Switch to Off. ⚠ Not turning off eCom sync may result in the loss of all of your eCom pictures.
- Run a manual backup without photos from Apple > System Preferences > Lightspeed Server > Backup tab
- Locate the backup file in Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > Lightspeed > Latest backup
- Rename your backup file(s) with the name of the corresponding store(s) (e.g. LightSpeed Server Backup.lightspeedBackup → mileend.lightspeedBackup)
- Drag/drop the backup file(s) into the Box.com folder we shared with you by email.
- Allow for the backup(s) to upload fully before closing the window.
- If you turned off eCom sync, you can now reactivate it: Tools > eCommerce > Switch to On.
If you are migrating from another POS system, please follow these steps:
- Fill in the Template files that we shared with you by email with your data.
- Drag/drop it into the shared Box.com folder.
- Allow for the backup to upload fully before closing the window.
The duration of the overall process greatly depends on:
- The delay for you to send us the data to migrate;
- The time it takes DOOSYNC to analyze and prepare it for migration (NB: the “cleaner” the data provided, the less time it takes to prepare it).
The duration inherent to the migration in itself depends on the quantity of data to migrate. DOOSYNC can migrate up to 12,000 records per day.
E.g. If you have 20,000 customers, 30,000 products and 200 vendors, the migration will take a little over 4 days.
DOOSYNC migrates Gift Cards as follows:
If your Gift Card codes comply to Lightspeed Retail requirements (12 to 16-digit numbers):
- Gift Card code are migrated as they are
- The associated balance is migrated
If your Gift Card codes do not comply to Lightspeed Retail requirements (12 to 16-digit numbers):
- A new code is created by DOOSYNC (12-digit number) for each Gift Card
- You are provided with a conversion table (spreadsheet) to facilitate the transition.
- The previous code is indicated in the ‘Notes’ section
- The associated balance is migrated
- Please note that:
- You can still search for a gift card using its previous code in Customers > Gift Cards in Lightspeed Retail
- You cannot scan a gift card when proceeding to a sale, as it will not be recognized by Lightspeed Retail. You will have to manually enter the new Retail code to proceed to the sale.
NB: The name of the customer who purchased the Gift Card is not migrated by DOOSYNC.
No. Taxes are migrated as part of the sales history, but we do not migrate tax status/classes for individual products or customers.
Product matrices can only be imported into Retail if they have consistent and unique descriptions and separate columns for attributes.
We migrate only vendors data, not vendor invoices or purchase orders.
Absolutely. You will be able to see historical transactions your customers made in the past, as well as the sales’ information (products purchased, sale date…).